Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Februray already !

It seemed that January just flew by which is nice as it makes the winter seem just a little shorter .It sure feels like winter today though , it was -30C. this morning , and for those of you who don't experience that kind of cold let me just tell you THAT is COLD and since the ground hog seen his shadow we will have six more weeks of winter but winter can be very pretty as you can see in this picture of an early morning view of the trees with their dusting of snow .
You will have to forgive me I have no clue how to place these pictures on the blog correctly but this second picture is my first finish for Feb , the bed I promised to make for our labradoodle you met earlier , he loved it but he has also already torn it so I am not too happy with him and will need to repair the side :-(
I've been busy also with some projects for our local womens shelter , they have requested some small bags for the women to use to carry their toiletries in when they head to the shower so I have made three drawstring bags and hope to make a couple more before our quilt guild meeting this month. I also made a pillowcase for a child in bright cheerful colors something they can take with them when they get to leave .The past few years our quilt guild has made it a policy to have our members donate useful items to the women and children , toiletries ,towels and sheets that sort of thing .
I have another finish for Feb also a quilt that has been around now for at least two years and has been waiting for the applique to be finished and then of course to quilt and bind it and I have finally made that happen . It is not my favorite quilt but it was a mystery quilt and you never know ahead what they will look like so it is a little risky and in this case I am not that crazy about the result but hey it is finished and someone will love it .I'll post a picture of that a little later on .

No comments:

Post a Comment