Monday, July 19, 2010

Interesting photos

If you remember my post on Tuesday of last week I mentioned that the hutch that I featured was from my husbands ancestors , well here are a couple of pictures of them , I love the first one , ,I believe he is mending a net and the second picture this fellow had obviously recieved some mail that he is quite interested in . The third picture is the old homestead as it was in the late 1800's early 1900's , I can't give you a date but I can tell you I discovered these old negatives in an envelope in an old trunk and we had quite a few of them developed , quite amazing really that they sat there for so many years .Sorry for the glare but it was very difficult to get a good picture of a picture ;-0 Tomorrow I will share yet another very special picture to me as well as something extra special that was given to me .Until then take care .

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Great old photos Sheila, and amazing that you were able to develop from the old negatives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, here I am at 12:30 A.M. catching up on my blog reading! I love these photos, Sheila. I really love the first one and the photo of the old homestead. How wonderful that they turned out after sitting for so long! Wonderful family treasures and memories!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful photos! we have a few left here that make the cast nets by hand... It is quite an art form.
    I've enjoyed catching up on your blog this morning. I wish I could come visit more often. I will check to make sure that you are on my list, but even so I can't seen to do all that I want.
    How wonderful that you had these developed!

    ReplyDelete