Sunday, September 25, 2011

Versatile Blogger

I was surprised to receive an email from Hilachas  saying she had awarded me the Versatile Blogger award . I have been blogging for a year and a half now , where has that time gone, and I have loved every minute of it ,still have lots to learn , there are a few tricks I would like to know but overall am having a lot of fun and hope that my followers, who I really appreciate having ,enjoy the little tales of my life . So thank you Hilachas I love to visit your blog as well.

There are rules to this award...
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself on the post.
3. Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
4. Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you've picked for the award.



Here are seven things about me...
 1. I am a registered Nurse but my all time favorite job was being a mother to my three sons, they are all grown and have families of their own so I now have seven grandchildren to love , how great is that  .
 2. I simply love animals, horses, dogs, cats and oh how I love alpacas and llamas although I will never own one.
3. I grew up in a  small town in Nova Scotia but prefer living the country life and if the truth be known I would have loved to live on a farm.
 4.I love nature , trees, wildlife and birds and oh the wildflowers.
 5. I love to take pictures , no surprise to my friends lol!
  6.I have been sewing since a young girl but only quilting since about 12 yrs.
  7. Along with quilting I love to do other types of art and seem to be drawn more to landscapes lately and have a strong desire to pursue that avenue a little more . I have done some oil painting in the past but have recently learned that it is more fun to do that in fabric.

As you can see by my sidebar I have a long list of bloggers who I think are very versatile and wonderful interesting places to visit so please pop by to visit them and tell them I sent you . I am going to break the rule of presenting this award to 15 blogs that I feel are versatile as my list is far too long but I would like to mention just a couple of newer to me blogs who have so much to show and share .
1. Fundamentally Fiber
2.Ellie's Place
3.In Stitches and Seams
Thank you to all of my wonderful followers ,blogging is a wonderful way to meet new friends and share in the things we all love to do ,I have learned a lot and loved every minute . Sorry for breaking the rules but as I see it it is easier to get forgiveness than permission sometimes and rules are meant to be broken at times and this is one of them  , I love visiting all blogs they each have so much to offer and learn from so thanks for stopping by and I hope you 're enjoying your day.
hugs Sheila

7 comments:

  1. Hey... fellow rule breaker... I did the same but it it great to read things about others.... congrats...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sheila... you deserve it!
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Fun to learn new things about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I always enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blog this morning but got side tracked looking at the three you had links to and forgot to leave you a comment. I enjoyed reading the things about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Shelia I enjoy your site as well.and enjoy looking up the sites/blogs you have on your side bar sew thanks for sharing your friends with us and thank you for adding me to your friends . I to am new to blogging only been at it since Feb.
    There sure is a lot to learn as one figures out how to do different things to add to there blogs
    keep up the good work
    in stitches and hugs
    Annette

    ReplyDelete