Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday

On this spring like day I want to share my progress this week , I am linking up with the Needle and Thread Network . Let me see , I have been busy this past week , I started another new project , shhh , don't tell anyone  ;-) it was too cute not to start right away and it will be perfect for Valentines day although once this gets hung up it will be up for a while , I love the colors.
 Isn't it sweet , I mean could you resist this little wall hanging , It really won't take me that long I just need to do the applique stitching and I really quite enjoy that process .
 Then I also felt it was time to tackle the Stay at Home RR that I am taking part in with Sunny of Quilting Dreams . I measured my top so far and realized that neither  4 nor 6 would divide evenly into 34 so another spacer was needed so I cut 4 strips at 1.25" so the final measurement of the top would be 36" ,I have two sides sewn on , why not four you say , well I took this with me this morning for my sewing sessions and wouldn't you know I left the remainder of the fabric home and well I cut the piece too short so for piece number three , didn't allow for the piece I just had sewn on , I know kind of dumb . Not to worry I had plenty to keep me busy , I have to surround this block with either pinwheels or hourglass blocks and since I had seen a really neat tutorial on the Missouri Quilt Co. I tried that for making the pinwheels . I did manage to sew and cut all that I had with me I will need to sew a few more as I am making them at the 4" instead of the 6" therefore I need more . Here is my pile so far ....
As you can see only one completed pinwheel but lots ready to sew together ,if you want to know the truth I found making all those triangles rather boring .I have also been working on the Wool project with Melody of the House on the Side of the Hill , I have all of the applique done on the house and the base and trunk of the tree and my leaves are cut but not yet sewn on , this is fun , maybe not cutting around 100 leaves but the rest was fun  ;-) I have also printed off the pattern for the BOM on Raspberry Rabbits , another great wool project but so far have not gotten started .
So that is it for me this week , plenty to keep me occupied for sure , be sure to check out the Needle and Thread Network , there is so much talent out there . Thanks for the visit and have a great week,
 hugs Sheila

16 comments:

  1. Sheila; your work is always lovely. I do love that wallhanging....it is just so delicate looking and sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wallhanging is so sweet. I'd have found it hard to resist to. :)Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wallhanging is so sweet. I do understand yor "itch" to make the wallhanging right away :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a really lovely wallhanging.... good to treat yourself to a new project ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty welcome wall hanging! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty wall hanging Sheila. I would find all those triangles boring too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't you the busy bee! I think those pinwheels will come together pretty quickly! Your "welcome" is just sweet,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the welcome hanger.. very (well) welcoming...lol !
    Good luck in all the groups too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. -the wallhanging ist beautiful, thats just something you have to have ☺
    I can imagine thats its very boaring to sew so many pinweel blocks, but at the end it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sheila.. your wallhanging is just lovely! and perfect for a valentines reminder that can hang all year long
    Thanks for adding my 'It's a little bit French' button :)
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wallhanging is beautiful and I enjoy making pinwheels too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pinwheels - I see a great quilt coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very busy!! I like your wallhanging.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Cheryl (Grandma Coco)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the WELCOME wallhanging.Can you tell me who designed the pattern? I would love to make one. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete