Friday, November 9, 2012

It might be raining outside but the sun is shining in here

Yes it is a dreary wet day here on the east coast but this morning a package arrived in the mail from my friend Judy of Knit,Quilt , Spin and Weave (Fundamentally Fiber) ,what a lovely way to brighten my day just look at what she kindly sent to me .
 This gorgeous wall hanging , so well done with a pieced star /sun in the center and quilted rays to finish it off,oh and I must mention her pretty hand dyed fabrics she used for the sky , wow ,such talent . Thank you so much Judy for thinking of me it truly did brighten my day and will find a spot in my sewing corner so I will always have the sun shining no matter the weather outside. As you can see by her blog title Judy is a multi talented lady who happens to love to ski and is probably praying for snow ;-)

 My  friend Annette of In Stitches and Seams also was sweet enough to send me on some of her patterns she designed , you will remember this bag that she gave me when we met in Saskatoon in August , well she sent me the pattern so I can make more of these wonderful bags,two in fact so one to share  .
 This is the bag she gave me in August and I use this all the time , it is large and sturdy and holds all my quilting supplies when I go quilting on Tuesdays .So now I have these patterns to make more if I so desire .Thanks so much Annette you are a sweet friend .
 Annette is an amazing designer and recently took part in the McCall's Design challenge and made it all the way to the finals , way to go Annette !!
I have to tell you what I have been doing , you all know that it was Halloween recently and that means pumpkins , well I don't carve the pumpkins anymore but still like to have one or more on display and for my eating enjoyment later on .I had Bill help carve up the pumpkin for me and I cooked it and pureed it and then had all this pumpkin ,so what to do .I searched the internet for recipes and came across a pumpkin bread I had to try and I have to say this is the best pumpkin bread I have ever eaten and I think Bill will second that .
Now doesn't that look yummy, I suppose you would like to know where I got the recipe , ok I will share that because something this good should be shared .By the way the white part is a cream cheese filling , yeah that could explain why this is so good . The only change I made was I left out the nuts but I am sure they would be a lovely addition .http://www.joyofbaking.com/breakfast/PumpkinBread.html
I also made some banana pumpkin muffins which were good but nothing compared to this bread . Now there is plenty in the freezer for when the need for more yumminess arises ;-)
 Well I am off now to do a little sewing in my now sunny corner so thanks for stopping by and have yourself a wonderful day .
hugs Sheila


19 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post to read! I smiled all the way through it. Such thoughtful and talented friends! The bag is a beauty! And that bread looks very yummy! Enjoy the afternoon in your sunny sewing corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wallhanging is gorgeous Sheila!! Such great color. And Annette did a lovely job on that bag; as I am sure you will too. The pumpkin bread sound lovely. I have a recipe for a pumpkin custard that Marla gave me; if you think you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work - great bag! And the bread, wow, looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful of your friend to send you some sunshine. Great tote bag patterns. It is a known fact that one can never have too many tote bags. The pumpkin bread recipe sounds delicious. I tried some pumpkin pikelets the other day. Pumpkin is just so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely gifts Sheila and that pumpkin bread looks so yummy ,thanks for sharing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely wall hanging, lucky you! Yummy looking loaf! Might have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful sewing. I love those bags and the wall hanging is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmmmm that bread looks yummy. just the thing when you take a break with a cup of tea..... have a great weekend my friend
    in stitches
    annette

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wallhanging is gorgeous. I'll have to give the pumpkin bread a try. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such nice gifts to receive. Love the wallhanging. That loaf looks like something I need to try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely wallhanging! Thanks for the recipe, it looks great. I bought a can of pumpkin yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's raining here too Sheila. You are lucky to have such a sunny little quilt to brighten your day. Lovely bag pattern too. I love pumpkin any way you want to cook it. Your bread looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh the bread does look yummy and the bag looks really cute...you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that pumpkin bread does look good. Something I have never thought of baking. love your wallhanging and bag too.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sheila, hope you are feeling better now..
    You can send some rain over to us, it has been so dry for so many months.
    Great to be back reading your adventures..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now you will always have the sun shining in your sewing room. A really nice quilt!
    I cooked pumpkin yesterday. I am making some pumpkin cranberry muffins with some it today. Made some pumpkin custard yesterday. Yum! with a little whip cream. Yum! Yum!
    thanks for coming by my blog and good luck in my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad that you like the quilt :-) The bag will be a nice adddition. Hmm, homemade bread. What a great idea.
    Take care,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is an amazing wall hanging!!

    ReplyDelete