Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Oh  dear it is Wednesday already and December too , yikes ! I have been keeping busy however , trying to get a few gifts made and now to get a few in the mail would be really great .
 First off I want to share this finish , it only took me ten years , I deserve a medal I think  ;-) In all seriousness it is great to see this finished and although the picture I am about to show is really rather poor it does look great on my little sofa.
 I found enough of the red that was used in the center to finish off the top and used a slightly different fabric for the back , I am pleased and now I have a new pillow for Christmas .
 Now I want you to meet Ollie, a friend of mine gave me this pattern and I just had to make him , I do love snowmen and this one was too cute to resist.
 He is quite tiny being only six inches in width and 19 inches in length , oops I forgot to give his scarf a fringe I will do that before I ship it off to its new owner .
 This next project has been on my to do list since last year and it didn't take long at all once I got started , I used some flannel I had from another project a few years back and when this is on display it will contain some greenery and look a little more festive than it does at the moment , another quick project , you have to love those.
 And my final little finish for the moment is another candle mat , yeah I am on a roll here but this pattern is a favorite of mine .
This candle mat was designed by my friend Annette of In Stitches and Seams and it is a lot of fun to make so I decided to see what Christmas fabrics I had  as the others I have made are not that Christmasey .It is a dark and rainy night so again my photos are not the best .
 I am linking up today to the Needle and Thread Network , be sure to check them out , there are so many talented gals , you will surely want to be inspired by their lovely work. Thanks for Stopping by and enjoy your day.
 hugs Sheila

21 comments:

  1. eeeek... it's thursday here!!! love your new snowman... what fun.... and the pillow is great - one day I will do some of that fabric lead lighting! I love annette's candle mat too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely projects Sheila your snowman is gorgeous,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking pillow Sheila...and I adore the snowman!! Each project is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful projects! And to think, that cushion was only 10 years in the making. I'm totally in love with the snowman. Yep, gotta love the quick projects. You'll be ready for Christmas in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great projects here! I especially love your snowman...so cute! Thanks for sharing such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've got some great projects done Sheila. Love your snowman. and of course your cnadle mat is just perfect for the season ;)
    HOpe you have a great evening
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sheila, you are on a roll again and the eye candy you always provide us with is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots to show and lots to read, I went back to your bird post! ;). We have so many bluejays and I so love to feed them too.

    Quite a few women in our guild are making the snowmen wallhangings. I have the pattern too, but probably not this Christmas. I love the pillow design. So nice to finish up our projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cushion is beautiful. No wonder you are happy with it. I am in love with Ollie..he is too cute. Gorgeous mitten and candle mat too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely projects Sheila, they all look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...my...shiela...they are all awesome...lovely candle mat ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Christmas pillow is a gorgeous finish Sheila, looks great.
    Your other finishes are beautiful too. You have been a busy Elf....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, Wednesdays roll around far too quickly. Love your cushion. Its so great to finish up something that has been hiding for a while. What a cute little snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm back Sheila!!! lol still figuring out my mail....thank you for your wonderful comment on the quilting...lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are well into Christmas projects. That is quite the hat. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Christmas projects! I love your little snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cushion turned out so well! Love the snowman :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. All your projects are lovely, especially that pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pillow. Only ten years? Congratulations! Love your Christmas candle mat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sheila, i would love to invite you for the christmas pillow party in my blog. Please do come and join the party with your beautiful pillow

    ReplyDelete