Thursday, October 17, 2013

Postcards and I won the LOTTO !

It is now past the middle of October , can you believe that ? Well that means that all postcards in my little swap should now be in the mail and hopefully even delivered . If you have received your postcard and did not already let me know would each of you please do so ,thanks.
 Oh I bet you are wondering about the second part of my title for today , yes I won the Lotto but before I start getting reams of mail asking for financial help let me just explain , I did not win any money even though that would have been so wonderful ,hey I would be able to travel all over the world and visit you all but no such luck , I won the lotto on postcard pizzazz which means my mailbox will fill up with postcards all this month from those who signed up to try to win this great little prize. How many will I receive you ask , well a whopping 9 cards , pretty incredible huh , I was pretty excited actually and so far two have arrived  but before I show you those postcards I would like to share the two postcards that arrived from Maria and Annette .


I received this gorgeous fall pumpkin card from Annette , she was not my partner in the swap she was just being extra nice and sent one to me along with the two partners I assigned her , she was so kind to take on an extra card when I had a last minute swapper join us , thanks so much Annette you are a sweetie . You probably can't see it here but the leaves are three dimensional  with some lovely stitching for  detail. Annette your card will be a lovely art piece to display for the fall season but I think I will leave it around all year long .

A couple of days ago I received this really wonderful Halloween postcard from Maria ,I was so pleased that it arrived in record time coming from Australia and now I can decorate for Halloween .
Some adorable goblins and they don't look the least bit scary , rather friendly little ghosts I would say and even some bats in the upper corner with their beady little eyes looking down on the ghosts . I love it Maria , thanks so much . I still have one card to arrive but I am sure it will soon be here and I will share it once it arrives. Maybe before I show you my lotto cards I will share the card I sent to Maria
001
I had to borrow this photo from Maria , as I don't seem to have taken a picture , naughty me . A little landscape to represent the fall here in NS. , the falling colorful leaves , the green fields as well as the red fields of the blueberry fields and the beige of the farmers fields that have had their crop cut. 
This cute little owl postcard was my first lotto card, those little googly eyes are kind of cute don't you think . This card traveled from Georgia and is from Sukochi .

Karen from Virgina Beach sent this card with the pompom flowers with a little bee getting some nectar and congratulations stitched across the top , so sweet . My postcard collection is really growing and you must wonder what I ever do with them all , well they are on display around my sewing space and some are stored and I change them now and then but my favorites stay out for me to enjoy all the time . 
 I know we are just finishing up a swap but Christmas is just around the corner and I am wondering what you feel about doing another swap with a Christmas theme . Let me know so I can make plans on a date for starting and sending , you can start making one right now if you are interested , this is an easy theme , Christmas has a broad range of ideas you can choose from so be creative . I think we could aim for the middle of November that way everyone should have their cards received to enjoy in time for the holiday season . What are your thoughts , speak now or forever hold your peace ;-)

I am off to do a little sewing so I will catch you all later , I have some lovely fall photos I want to share but time is running out for me today . Take care , enjoy your day and do something fun and creative. Thanks for stopping by .
hugs Sheila 

22 comments:

  1. Wow, so many creative and gorgeous postcards! And congratulations on winning the postcard lotto - what a fun idea! I'd love to do a Christmas swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Lotto win...I know that postcards are as valuable to you as money! And you have some real treats here! Alas, I will watch from afar...you know me and postcards! Love to get them, but can't seem to make them! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such fun little things to get in your mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm speaking now, and saying Count me in! You've received some beautiful cards, and I want more for my collection! They're so much fun to receive in the mail. I just mailed my last one on the 15th, so it hasn't been received yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great postcards!! You should be receiving another one soon. Thanks for having another swap, it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun win!! If you can't win money than cute postcards is the next best thing! They are all adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute, I've never made a post card, but I'd like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely postcards. A lovely win for you too. Love the eyes on the owls. So cute. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a fun Lotto to win!! Congrats Sheila...they are all lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun and what lovely postcards.. I just love all the detail in them....
    a great win for you!
    I would love to join in for the Christmas one...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. do you need to ask ... of course I would love to do a Christmas post card swap.
    I could almost see the smile on your face as you post about your windfall in post cards.
    have a great day
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh darn it, i missed seeing this swap, looks like a lot of fun and all of the post cards are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous postcards Sheila. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my these postcards are so cute,love them all and it seems everyone is catching the postcard bug,lol,you are bringing so much fun to everyone Sheila,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to be a participant in another swap so count me in if you are doing a Christmas swap.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun! Those little postcards are so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love to do a Christmas swap and I see that Raewyn is in and Sunny, so you've got a few alreadY. Thanks for the fun post, good reading and yes, I love postcards too but I've not done a swap, so count me in.
    carli the quilter at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love every card you show; each one is like a little work of art. Thanks for doing the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Sheila. I would love to join in with a Christmas postcard swap.
    The cards you have received are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just love making and received these tiny woks of art sew of couse would love to bein the Christmas swap.
    How nice to have won the postcard lotto..
    Both are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I used to be active in Postcard Pizzazz and once one the lotto, too. It was very exciting and fun to get all the cards from all over the world!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All the postcards are so creative and beautiful. It must be such fun giving and receiving them!

    ReplyDelete