Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mystery top complete

Good afternoon , a lovely sunny and cold day here on the east coast as we dig out from yet another storm, seems every Wednesday another one rolls through but no point in complaining I don't think Mother Nature gives a hoot. I have finally  sewn on the final borders to my mystery quilt designed by the creative Darlene of Quilts by Darlene .  I loved every step of this quilt ,it is the type of quilt I enjoy doing , I don't care for making the same block over and over for an entire quilt , variety is the spice of life so a medallion quilt like this one really is wonderful to work on .

 Not the best picture , a little too much light in the room but I wanted to show the side view so you can see the final two borders I did sew on . 
A front view , this is a very large quilt , probably the largest I have made so far and I love it. Now since  my last post I also started a baby quilt ,a flannel quilt .
Thanks to the generosity of my friend Linda I had the print flannel  , they are dragons playing baseball , perfect for a baby boy , I bought the green check flannel to frame it all and now I must get it sandwiched and quilted ,nothing fancy just some stitch in the ditch or an x through the blocks . I have to piece  a back now as the top is just a tad too wide for the width of fabric I was planning on using . 
I have been having some issues with my joints lately , all these storms have caused my joints to go to war with each other and I am loosing the battle so had to resort to some cortisone shots to calm things down , not pleasant but neither is the constant pain . I am hoping we don't have another storm for a while , a break is much needed . 
 Thanks for stopping by today and I hope your weather is treating you kindly .
 hugs Sheila 

15 comments:

  1. I love your mystery quilt top! It's beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo sorry you have not been well, Sheila. The. mystery is absolutely Beautiful my dear. Large is the word for the size, but Soo lovely. Thinking of you. D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic mystery quilt... that's a good size! and sweet little flannel quilt...
    sorry to hear about the joints... I can imagine the cold is the last thing achy joints want....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is lovely. Yes, I think you guys need a break with the storms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. Will you quilt it by hand or machine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mystery quilt turned out so beautiful! It looks gorgeous on the bed. So sorry to hear that the joint issues are back...hang in there and take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt looks beautiful - and it's great to see it on a bed to see how it looks- you must be pleased with it. Sorry to hear you have not been feeling too good - take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. WooHoo! It looks amazing. It is always so nice to get a top completed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!!! Sheila you should be so proud of that..it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your mystery quilt looks fantastic, the borders have completed it perfectly.
    Hope the joints settle, would be horrible if it interfered with your crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Sheila your quilt is gorgeous and love the baby quilt as well,awesome Sheila.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A colcha é linda, linda! Eu tenho profunda admiração por este tipo de trabalho!
    A pequena colcha de bebê é fofa!
    Parabéns!
    Desejo que você recupere a saude das mãos rapidamente!
    Um abraço!
    The quilt is beautiful, beautiful! I have deep admiration for this kind of work!
    The little baby quilt is cute!
    Congratulations!
    Wish you recover the health of the hands quickly!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you have good sense in making design. Manything will give advantage for people who love clothes design like me.
    if we do it from our hearth everything in universe will make us better.
    Thank you very much. Go on to make better our life.
    Liga Inggris Liga Italia Liga Jerman Liga Spanyol Liga Indonesia Liga Champion
    Piala Dunia Berita Bola Prediksi Bola Prediksi Skor Berita Arsenal Persijap Jepara

    _______

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mystery quilt turned out lovely!! You must be very pleased with it. Hope the cortisone has helped...

    ReplyDelete