Sunday, September 7, 2014

Aurifil BOM /September and some baby things

Good morning from the East Coast , hope your day is going well , it is threatening rain here at the moment and I wish it would to help reduce the humidity . Have you ever had a block that just wouldn't do what you wanted it to do , well that was the case for me yesterday as I tackled this months block for Aurifil , it is not that it is all that difficult it was just a matter of me not paying attention until it was too late. This block has four 3" friendship star blocks , that took me a while and I was putting the outer strips onand actually had most of them on when I noticed one of the points in one of the stars was not in the correct position , uggh , it was of course not the one on the outer edge , nope it was the third one in so I had to disassemble and reassemble the block again and here it is .
I again used those reproduction prints and I have to say I am not too crazy about this block but it is done so that is that ;-)  I have also been busy sewing up baby things , you see my niece had a baby boy a month ago and the plan was to make her a quilt but since she received two gorgeous quilts at her shower I thought I would sew something a little different and this is what I made .

 The first thing I made was the little flannel jacket , I love this pattern and bought it many years ago when visiting in Seattle , it is by why not collections , I still need buttons . Then I made the flannel blanket which has two layers with the bottom one folding over to form the border , so soft and cuddly . Next came the little basket made with the scraps from the jacket with a few additions , you can find the tutorial here and finally the monster bib , this pattern I came across on pinterest and you can find it here  . So that has been my sewing the last couple of days , now it is time to start my stars but first I will need to cut up those shirts into squares ;-) 
 Any more takers on the postcard exchange , details in the previous post , please let me know as soon as possible so I can assign partners , thanks .
 Have a great day and thanks for stopping by , do something creative today , you will be glad you did .
 hugs Sheila 

18 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful block design, and I like the fabric you are using. Friendship Stars have that capacity to confuse me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila,i love your block it looks hard and how cute are those baby items,well done my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like tiny, but sometimes they push the limit in trying to 'excel' a block, which just saps the prettiness of it. You did wonderful job sticking to it. The baby items are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sobrinha vai gostar muito dos lindos presentes! Muito fofos!
    Você trabalhou bem os blocos. As vezes precisamos desmanchar, é um teste de paciência, não é?
    Um abraço! Boa semana!

    The niece will thoroughly enjoy the beautiful gifts! Very cute!
    You worked the blocks well. Sometimes we need to break up, it is a test of patience, is not it?
    Hugs! Good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty block!!! I love the little baby items too - so soft and snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your block looks great. Love the variety of gifts you made. Especially love the monster bib and blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute baby items! Lucky little boy. I like that block. We did an exchange at a retreat with that block, and one person had their points going the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your block. Such cute baby items. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain on the block.....it's so easy to put one piece round the wrong way! But it looks great now that it's done. What fun baby gifts, I'm sure they will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see how that block would be difficult ... and to get a square end result too! I love all those littlie projects you have done.. such happy colours...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the baby items. Great idea, the jacket is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your block is lovely. Frustrating when things go wrong. What a sweet little bundle you have made for the new baby xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness.?? The baby clotbes are adorable. And I like your quilt block!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good evening to you as I'm not into the next morning yet. But good to hear what you are up too and sorry, the swap must be another time. Cheers!Carli

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the block Sheila - pretty fabrics. What a lovely collection for your great nephew, I love that bib! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your block are so lovely, dear Sheila ♥ and the little baby items are so sweet....
    Hugs
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been busy, the block is so beautiful. And the baby things you made are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those baby gifts are adorable, especially the monster bib. The block has taken you down a long road but I think the final result is worth the trip.

    ReplyDelete