Monday, April 3, 2017

Opam and update on my crazy quilt block

Good evening from sunny Nova Scotia , yes the sun is actually shining and although a bit breezy is a lovely evening and looks a bit more like spring . Maybe just maybe it really is going to happen this year .
 So I am a tad late reporting for March for Opam , sorry Kris.  I had seven finishes all of which I spoke about here .  They included two tea towels , a mug rug , banner , pillow and wall hanging . I have been busy since then but no finishes.
 I just completed task #7 for my crazy quilt block.  My lack of threads makes it a tad challenging to get the look I wish to have.  I have tons of DMC floss but I don't care for the look it creates on this block although I have used some . I am pleased how it is coming along , I even added a few beads today , have to say I am not a bead person , I prefer things plain  but I am here to learn so I will do as the teacher says lol .


. So I am plugging along with this as well as my BOM Quilt,  making progress slowly but surely there .
 That's all my news for now , thanks so much for stopping by today,  sure loved seeing you .
 Hugs Sheila

19 comments:

  1. Lots more stitching on your crazy quilt block since last week......well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila I am loving your block it is going to look fantastic,I love the beads on it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your delphiniums turned out beautifully along the seam. I was not sure about beading either but I kept the beads simple and not too blingy so that they just added texture. I agree about the DMC threads too. I love to use size #8 perle threads. Great progress since your last photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block is building nicely Sheila. Yes, you do need a variety of threads for this sort of work to give it interest - love the beads. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crazy block is looking lovely Sheila! It is well worth following along with the lessons there is such a wealth of knowledge to be gained! I know I loved learning the differing techniques and stitches! Have fun! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of beautiful stitching Sheila..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching. It looks very delicate and richly done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful block and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your crazy patch is looking great - it's good to challenge our 'normals' once in a while I think...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your piece looks great with the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great Sheila. I'm loving the lilacs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so very impressed! Lovely block! XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your crazy patch is looking lovely - it's nice watching this piece grow:-) It sounds like you had a productive month for opam as well - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The crazy patch is looking good. Love the beads. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colours are looking very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty Sheila. I love beads but always struggle with adding them to things as I can't figure out how to make them look good. I think the ones you have added look great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice!! You make it look easy, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking good sew far. Thanks for the email. I'm in and have tasks 1 and 2 posted.

    In stitches

    ReplyDelete