Thursday, May 11, 2017

Rain , rain go away

It's raining again today , enough already , I am forming web feet . This kind of weather is not so great for the joints infact downright painful so hope it let's up soon .
 However I have been getting a few things accomplished , still working away on my BOM Quilt,  nope it isn't finished yet , did I tell you I am slow 😉
At our retreat I had finished the stitching on the curved piecing art work as I showed you in the early post and since then I have completed it and finished the second one which I had just done the piecing on . Both of these projects were from the class I taught last fall . The first one I showed I had it all pieced to share with the class but no quilting done , the second one I am about to share was simply strips of fabric laid out to show how I choose fabrics and the order in which I lay them out before starting to do the curves . I like to know ahead of time what my plan is or sort of as it often changes midway. I wasn't quite sure what to add to this second one but wanted to keep it simple just like me , so this is what I came up with . It doesn't get much simpler, than this.

I just love these Hand-Dyed fabrics , it makes my job so much more fun and I am determined to learn how to do this myself. 
I think this will be a movie day and some more handquilting so I will let you know how things are progressing and maybe just maybe I will finish this real soon . Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a great day. 
 Hugs Sheila  

19 comments:

  1. This quilted art piece looks awesome! I too love the simplicity of the view. But I appreciate knowing the work you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your piece of art and the hand dyed fabrics are perfect... it is fun dying fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! WOnderful use of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to be rainy all across the place. We've been lucky to get two sunny days in row, then dull or sunny. We are supposed to have some thundershowers and possible flooding in the central portion of the province. None around me but the soil saturation is amazing.

    Stay dry and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raining all day here today, too, and tomorrow and Saturday. Lucky for us, we have plenty to do indoors on these dreary days. Beautiful artwork! I need to send you some fabric and have you make a picture for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your artwork is gorgeous. I think reading your title jinxed today. :). When i got up it was warmish & sunny. Now it is chilly & overcast so we might have rain again. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so effective - as simple so often is!...

    Hope it warms up and you feel better soon....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your landscape......simple, but oh so effective! And your star quilt, star designs always speak to me. Love that red and white runner too, how Canadian is that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is beautiful Sheila...nothing wrong with simple, often I believe it is more effective that busy. We had a misty cold day yesterday but the sun is out and shining today...shame I did the washing yesterday..the house looks like a Chinese laundry!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The silver lining from all this rain is seeing your beautiful finish! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes simple is better. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply beautiful Sheila. Stitching with raindrops here too xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beauty, Sheila! Well, we've had a little sun since you've posted this. And although it was sunny when I woke this morning, it has already clouded over up here. Guess it's to be another sew day. Darn! And I wanted to fire up the lawnmower and struggle my way through that thick, wet grass....NOT! XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's lovely, Sheila :-) Hope the rain goes away and the sun comes out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Sheila. Maybe one day I'll get to take one of your classes... Not too much rain here but it hasn't warmed up yet either. Supposed to be in the teens today which I am looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  17. An other great landscape Shelia. Some I have to try. Hope it warms up for you soon.
    In stitches

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sheila,wow its lovely you really are so clever.xx

    ReplyDelete